Sorry in advance this is going to be a very quick blog post today. (Bet it isn't!! I seem to start with short and sweet in my head and still manage to rattle on for pages!!) I am having my kitchen refitted and that will involve me supervising at every stage and making copious cups of teas for the fitters!
Today I bring you my first project made using the Revolution set of stamps from Visible Image. I was moving house during the release of these wonderful stamps and so have only just been sent a set. They proved to be a big hit at launch, at the recent Alexandra Palace show and via the online ordering so all the available stock kept being allocated to customers. Good news for Visible Image that you all liked them so much so I am not complaining.
I started, as I always seem to these days, by making a background page. I took an A3 piece of white card and coloured it with Brushos in regal colours, so purple and blue, ultramarine to be precise. I know you can see a very vivid turquoise but hold yer' horses and you will find out all about that.
I started with the script stamp and using a fine mister I sprayed water all over the stamp and then stamped the painted background paper. Fairly quickly I blotted the water off with a piece of flat kitchen roll. I find that by keeping the kitchen roll flat I can mop up a larger area more quickly and not run the risk of adding colour when repeatedly dabbing with a bunched up piece. The very light area of turquoise is due to me having used bleach in the mister prior to this project and not remembering to spray the bleach water in the tube and nozzle out first! I don't recommend using bleach with the polymer stamps but accidents happen and I did wash the stamp properly before storing it away. I need to ask Mark, who makes the stamps, if there is any reason why you can't use bleach. Anyway, I continued to build visual texture by stamping different elements from the set in various shades of blue and purple. My tip for this is to keep the stamps all in the same orientation so the pattern doesn't become too complex.
|Seeing it this close up it looks upside down! |
But no worries. It is the effect that I wanted not the reading quality!
I then took the script stamp and keeping it unmounted I inked it up with clear embossing ink. I curled it slightly around my fingers and pressed it onto the background card. Heat embossed in gold you get a lovely random effect with no sharp edges where the script stops and starts.
Having made the big piece I then cut a card sized piece. There is a fair bit left over so I have enough to make another one like this of something completely different! I stamped the stallion and the small Fleur de Lys where I wanted and heat embossed them in gold. Using another piece of the card I stamped the words in gold.
I stamped the large Fleur de Lys on another small piece of the same card and embossed with gold again. I then cut it out and added some clear glaze to make it more of a feature.
Some gold embossed corrugated card and few gold coloured flat back pearls finished off the design.
Click image to link to Visible Image web page for more info about this stamp set.
Click HERE to find out how to enter the challenge
'Get Spooky' is the theme this month
Click HERE to go to the Facebook group.
Ask to join if you haven't already.
Click HERE to subscribe to the Newsletter
Click HERE to go to the blog to see the other
DT inspiration projects for this month.
Click HERE to go to my KimzKrafts Facebook page
Told you my 'short and sweet' would be anything but short!!
Till next time, happy Visible Image crafting and hopefully, fingers crossed, I will be telling you all about my new kitchen!