Wednesday 21 August 2013

.....and finally - with Sheena Douglass

As of tomorrow you will all be able to buy your own 'A Little Bit Magical' stamps. You will probably need to get your order in quick because the feedback we have been getting has been fantastic. Remember the shows are on Create & Craft TV at 9am and 4pm TOMORROW. Don't miss out.

So here is my last sneaky peak. It is a big card featuring the lovely potion bottles and roses from the Honesty plate. You may remember I used the bottles on the candle I decorated.



I used Centura Pearl card for all of the elements. It has a beautiful sheen to it and accepts the H2O paint perfectly. I first stamped the base card with the larger of the 2 roses using Tim Holtz Dusty Concord then distressed the edges with the same ink. (I didn't stamp all over the card because that would have been a waste as I knew I would be covering most of it up, so I created a frame of about 3cm.) I then stamped and coloured a heap of roses and leaves in various H2O paints in purple/pink shades. I found it better to paint small 'blobs' slightly larger than the stamps onto the card first and then stamped over the coloured area with black ink once the paint spots were fully dry. I used a die cut frame to mount a Sheena sentiment onto which I had stamped and embossed in purple embossing powder. The bottles were coloured using a selection of the H2O paints. I had great fun placing the roses and leaves. This decoupage lark has featured a lot in this set of samples. 

Please remember to tune in tomorrow to she Sheena demonstrating some fab techniques and of course these new stamps.

Happy crafting.

Kim xx

No comments:

Post a Comment