Tuesday 17 September 2013

Sneaky Peek #2 - Sheena Douglass Oriental Launch



For those of you that haven't heard yet............WHERE HAVE YA BEEN?

This coming Friday sees the launch of another fab-tas-tic set of goodies from the amazing Sheena Douglass

Today I am going to show you a card I made using one of the fab papers that will be available on the show. Now I am not usually one to use backing papers as I tend to create them myself BUT with these lovely papers from Sheena I now don't have to make my own. Why would I need to when these are as lovely as this? Tease I know 'cos I am only going to show you one but if you head over HERE you will find a list of all the other Inkoid blog links and maybe you can see some other examples of the papers.

I haven't done what I call a 'constructed' card for ages. Come to think of it have I ever? Anyway, I wanted to do a few samples that showcased the paper and so I thought this sort of design was the way to go.




I had the idea of red and black in my head the minute I saw the paper which is a subtle text made up of Chinese characters. I distressed all the edges before applying them to the card base which is made using the fantastic Matt Black Card from Crafter's Companion. This is my new 'go to' product. It is a great weight, 300gsm, and a great colour. Yeah, I know it is black but there is some really un-black card out there!

The tree is from one of Sheena's earlier stamp sets but it has such an Oriental feel to it I thought it was perfect for the front of this card. HERE is the link to Crafter's Companion if you want the stamp.

Some knots, a coin and few of the smaller stamps in this new Oriental range finish off the card. It really is all about the paper on this project.

So, don't forget to watch Create and Craft TV this coming Friday to see the launch of this new collection of goodies from Sheena. The show times for Friday are 8am, 1pm, and 6pm. Remember the launch of the 'Little bit Magical' range? They flew out of the warehouse! You don't want to miss these I promise you they are awesome.

More Sneaky Peeks to come. Kim xxx
  







3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Kim, I love all the elements, so much to look at, you clever girl. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, i look forward to seeing more sneaky peaks

    ReplyDelete