Friday 10 January 2014

Visible Image - Friday Blogging

Hello and Welcome! Here we are then, my first blog for Visible Image! The project I have for you today is a card. Not just any card but a bright, bold, colourful, crisp card, a card to inspire!






I started by making the colour background using some basic water based inks which I sprayed directly onto water colour card. I made sure the card was quite wet before applying the sprays of colour. They melted into one another. I coloured a whole sheet of A3 water colour card as I find that anything smaller doesn't give enough finished product to work with. There will always be a part which doesn't quite turn out right, maybe it is too dark, too light or simply just not ‘nice’. It is also really difficult to replicate anything random as there are so many things that can vary even though you are doing the same thing. Too much ink in the sprayer, paper too dry, too wet, even your angle of spraying!! Making such a large piece means you will have plenty of matching product ready for matting and layering.

This was left to dry completely before any stamping took place. You need to be really patient with this. There is nothing worse than jumping the gun and stamping onto a damp surface, trust me I have been there!

I cut a piece of the background card for the first layer to fit a piece of folded A4 black card and stamped onto it using the small butterfly stamp using a good quality jet black ink. Although it looks random, I was careful to keep the butterflies mostly flying upwards.

I then took another piece of the card, smaller than the first piece and stamped the lower edge with the tall grass stamp.

The butterfly was stamped onto a piece of the card, cut out and then glazed with a cold glazing medium. I used Diamond Glaze but you could equally heat emboss it with clear powder to get a similar effect. The Diamond glaze I used has been in my stash for years and I don’t know if it is still available anymore.

A bit of careful cutting, matting and layering with black card, a banner with the sentiment on and the careful placement of the single butterfly and it was done.


My dilemma was ‘Should I add another butterfly?’

NO NO NO and again NO!!  Less in this case really is more.


I chose the Inspire sentiment from the set as this is what I wanted this project to do. Hopefully you like it?

Here is the selection of stamps that I used, with links directly to the shop page, just click on the title of the stamp to be whisked away to their place in the shop!



Imagine Dream Inspire

http://www.visibleimage.co.uk/stamps/treesgrassandleaves/tallgrass.htm
Tall Grass

Butterfly


I plan to bring you more inspiration next week, in the meantime pop along to the Visible Image Facebook group to see more fantastic examples of the DT work. You could also visit the other DT members by following the links over on the left there. And don’t forget about the monthly challenge at Visible Image over on the blog. This month it is Anything Goes! How great is that? As long as your project is made using the wonderful stamps from Visible Image you can enter. You never know, you could win £20 to spend in the Visible Image shop.

I’m off to see what the other DT members have been up to today and check out the new entries in the challenge. See you later!

Happy crafting! KimB xxx






8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kim, love love love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous first DT card for us Kim! Absolutely beautiful background and design. Great work...thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and congratulations on your new DT position.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bright card, the sentiment describes it beautifully. I am a fan of your work Kim, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. A big welcome to the Visible Image Team, hugs P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely stunning \Kim - beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card and love the way you write your blog Kim, welcome to our team :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty love the colours so bright and cheerful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your DT Kim and can I say what a wonderful creation, stunning hun xxx

    ReplyDelete