Monday 3 November 2014

Marvellous Monday with Visible Image

Hello to you all. Welcome to my blog. An especially big welcome to my new followers.

I have been rather housebound these past few days as the weather has been a bit wet here in Wales. Do you know what? I didn't really notice it because I retreated to my Craft Cave and played!

I set myself a little challenge. I seem to have a complete lack of ability when it comes to throwing a piece of paper away! Especially a piece that I have coloured and decorated. And this is basically where the Visible Image inspiration comes from for today. Scraps! Lovely purple scraps no less.




A couple of weeks back I made my first piece using the Revolution stamps. First piece? Yes, if you follow me you will know that I was in the middle of moving house when these stamps were launched. Anyway, as I am always telling you, when you make background paper you need to make more than 'just enough' because there will always be a time when you need just a little bit more to make a tag to match or to cut a piece for a sentiment.

Here is the original card I made.
 So I started by measuring my card base. I took off a little bit to allow for the 'frame' around the 9-piece patch. I then cut my scraps to that size, 9 in total and after playing with the arrangement to get a good contrast at the joins, I stuck then down onto the base card. I then took the stitches from the Sewing Room set and gold embossed stitches along each join and around the edge of the 9-piece patch. Again from the Sewing Room set I stamped a selection of buttons and heat embossed these in gold. I also made a small tag with the sentiment 'Be Unique'. I stitched through the buttons with some embroidery thread and stuck them on with a gel glue to give them some dimension. This arrangement left a little space in the top right corner for a butterfly. I deliberately selected a yellow butterfly as it stood out against the purple background. It is 'unique'.


AWM The Sewing Room ws2012 0 Visible Image Butterfly stamp Visible Image stamps Revolution

My top tip for those days when you don't have hours spare but you fancy doing a bit of crafting is to make some embellishments, like the butterfly, which you can just grab and use when you need something.


And guess what? I have used a butterfly on my challenge inspiration card, so this just goes to prove again that my favourite stamp from Visible Image is most definitely the butterfly! On the 1st November a new challenge was launched and the theme this month is 'Your Favourite Visible Image Stamp(s)'. Here's my inspiration piece just in case you need reminding. The full blog post for this card and the challenge details can be found HERE.



OK, so I am off to the 'Cave' again to play some more. It is a hard life but you know, I'm not going to complain! 

Click HERE to find out how to enter the challenge
This month the theme is
 'Your Favourite Visible Image Stamp(s)'

Click HERE to go to the Facebook group.
Ask to join if you haven't already. 

Click HERE to subscribe to the Newsletter

Click HERE to go to the Visible Image blog to see
DT inspiration projects and check out the Gallery

Click HERE to go to my KimzKrafts Facebook page

See you next week for another Marvellous Monday and in the mean time enjoy your week, get crafty and show us what you have been up to!

Happy Days!  Kim J

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the amazing background colours. Will have to check out the challenge I'm sure I have a Visible Image stamp or two.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Kim!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow absolutely amazing Kim. Love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are gorgeous...fab colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete