Monday 29 April 2013

My Fingers have gone Blue.

Hello Monday.  Hello days off.  Hello sunshine.  So why have my fingers gone blue?  Well, the challenge with  Hels this week is BLUE. 

Historically blue for me has always been associated with my mother who has a passion for blue and white china, Willow pattern and Spode types.  So this colour combination is well inside my comfort zone having made many a blue and white card for her birthdays.

I had dabbled with this particular design style in the past but was inspired by this weeks challenge to re-visit it.  And I am glad I did.


Blue and White

I am not a great fan of lace and doilys but somehow when teamed in this way they seem to work.  I have a collection of little doilys which are actually about 4" across.  They are meant for putting on your saucer when you are having 'posh' afternoon tea events. (Who has those anymore?) Anyway, I inked it up gently by smearing the ink pad across it.  This is where I got most of the blue on my fingers.

Using the same ink pad I stamped onto some inch square pieces of white card, making sure not to centralize the image.  I put the background card through the embosser and using a stamp with a woven pattern I stamped gently over it so as to only print on the raised bits of the embossing.

Assembly next, using ribbons and gems to finish off the design.  And look here, the glue is still wet so you know this is fresh. 


Wet Glue

So, challenge complete.  Check out the other BLUE entries on the blog  here.

The sun is out so maybe I shall be in the garden this afternoon.  Or maybe not...........

Kim xx  Forgot to say that I really like getting your comments.

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card I'm sure your Mum will love it, I have a small collection of blue and white on my dresser and would love it myself so she is sure to be pleased! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is beautiful, reminds me of Delft pottery... love it... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete