Tuesday 2 April 2013

Ouch! I Fell out of my Comfort Zone.

I simply had to break away from the little books and what better way to do this than by getting involved in another blog challenge? The wonderful Lavinia Stamps are still in play - can't get away from them.  However, I have had to step well out of my usual colour tones for this challenge - Bright and Beautiful.


Sadly this photo does not show the true colours, nor the shimmer.  I can assure you that it is very bright.  If I get a moment I shall upload a better picture.

The background was made using Adirondak inks on water colour card and some Tattered Angels glimmer mist. I then stamped the little fairy 'shrooms and some teeny tiny 'shrooms at either side.  Mounted on a matt gold card then a bright teal piece, I finished it off with a bright teal and lilac coloured organza bow, some glitter brads and a word staple.

Of course it had to go on a brown craft card base - anything else would have been a bridge too far.

So go see the other entries at Lavinia Stamps blog, enter yourself if you like.  I look forward to seeing all the other entries myself and as always I look forward to getting your comments.



Kim XxX





8 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite stamps Kim.... super card ... very pretty.
    Thanks for joining in our challenge.. always good to see your work
    Exxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Kim, thank you for entering it into the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck. Hugs, Pauline, Lavinia DT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous Kim! good luck with the challenge and thanks for entering! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps challenge. I have the same problem trying to photograph glimmery things - I am sure it is even more beautiful in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card...love it! Thanks for sharing it in our 2nd Lavinia Stamps challenge.
    Barbara x
    ps, It would be great if you could turn off your word verification ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! I have done this now - it is all so new to me this blog thing. And thanks for your comments. x

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful card Kim - I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the contrast with the kraft card and fabulous coloured imaage.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete