Tuesday 10 December 2013

SNEAKY PEEK #3 - NEW SHEENA DOUGLASS STAMPS

Day 3, you know the score, Sheena Douglass NEW STAMPS being launched this Friday on Create and Craft TV at 10am and 4pm. 

While I was waiting for the products to arrive that I was to be working with I wasted no time in getting some background work done, literally!

I knew that Sheena was asking for samples made using the recently launched Luminarte Silks and so I set about making some backgrounds ready to use with the new stamps. As we had already been told the theme was to be 'Under the Sea' I got out the shells from the 'Little bit Scenic - Sea Shells' plate available HERE. One of my other hobbies is patchwork quilting and I have always admired the scallop design and this inspired me to create this background. It involved a lot of masking and careful placement but the pleasure came from the painting! When the new stamps arrived my first 'getting to know you' stampings used the very clever shadow stamps. These are a solid stamp in the same shape as one of the detailed stamps. These angels are not the only ones that come as pair so look out for the others! These shadow stamps are brilliant for lots of different techniques but I simply used them to stamp a row of green angels which I then over stamped with the detailed angel stamp. I added the bubbles, which are also in the new sets, and then mounted the row onto the background. Of course I didn't waste the bit that went under the strip of fish! I cut it so that there was just enough to go under the fish! Who knows it is not all the way under right?



My ingredients list is
  • Silks set #1 - Bolivian Blue, Key Lime + Olive Vine
  • Black Archival ink

Well, there it is, sample #3. Hope you like it?     Kim xx

6 comments:

  1. just beautiful work Kim - the luminarte looks fabulous - and the fishy stamps work so well with the shells - love it and love them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous work hun - love Sheena, love luminarte - ty for the Friday heads up too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful projects,can't wait to see the stamps.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Blogger network facebook site hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is fabulous. I can't wait to get my mitts on these.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is gorgeous Kim beautiful done.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete