Tuesday 2 April 2013

It's a Beautiful Day.

Well, as the title says, it is indeed a beautiful day.  Blue sky, sun, but better viewed from inside as it is bloomin' cold out there still.

I am once again deeply into a particular thing.  I can't stop making these little books. I am obsessed with PinFlair book binding glue, so much so that I have just taken delivery of another 5 tubs of the stuff.  Does it come in larger sizes, perhaps a five gallon drum?  It is great for a wrinkle free finish, it dries really quickly and it goes a long way.

Luckily I have plenty of pages of the Oscar Wild book left, and the Tim Holtz ink pads are still going strong despite being used and abused these past few weeks.

Nature - front cover - look closely in the middle of the seed head the word Nature can be seen - pure chance!!

This particular book was made for the challenge Mother Nature's Son now running on the Ink on my Fingers blog spot, by Hels Sheridan.  

It features another one of my obsessive products, Lavinia Stamps, the seed head silhouette collection.  And the obligatory moon.

The book is 2" x 2" square, inked with Tim Holtz Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord, and stamped with the seed heads in Tuxedo Black.  The binding is hemp cord adorned with hand made paper rolled beads also stained with the Tim inks.

The phrase 'Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.' is from a stamp I have but I printed the words out from the computer in a 'nicer' font as the original stamp uses a font I am not keen on.

Size 2" x 2"





I suppose I should try and move away from these type of items, lock up the Lavinia Stamps, hide my beads, and let my book binding glue go solid so that I can't make any more of these books.  But then again I do love 'em!!  Maybe a new colour or two?  Some more phrases? 

Is the craft shop open? 

See you later maybe, perhaps I will have discovered a new avenue?  But I wouldn't bet on it.

Kim X

PS - Your comments are always welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, your book is just gorgeous, the stamps you used are really lovely and I love how you highlighted the stamp on the cover - and those beads - wow. A lovely creation. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous book, little in size but massive in gorgeousness... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous book and beautifully photographed! The Lavinia stamps are lovely, I can see why you are hooked! Bless you for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. X

    ReplyDelete