Thursday 12 December 2013

Sneaky Peek #4 - Sheena Douglass - New Stamps

First thing I had to do was decide which of my samples I was going to show you today, that took longer than I expected because I want to show you so many but as it is only 24 hours away from 'Show Time' you wont have to wait long to see all the wonderful samples me and my fellow Inkoids have made for this launch. Details of the show times are 10am and 4pm on Create and Craft TV, which is channel 671 on SKY. Check HERE for other providers.




The sample for today is quite a contrast to the previous two I have shown you. I think this colour scheme is perfect for that sun bleached, salt washed, weathered look. Might have said that before in my first Sneaky Peek, but it is true!!

I was initially worried that the images were going to be too different in size for this to work in the layout I had planned but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the angelfish, starfish and the seahorse were pretty identical in height and that the starfish and seahorse were good width wise also. It made the layout so easy and I think the final card has a pleasing look to it with just the right amount of 'white space' on the 3 images.

I mentioned in a previous blog that while waiting for the stamps to arrive I had created some backgrounds in the hope of getting ahead. This is another one of those backgrounds. I wanted to go for the ditsy-print background, and so I used the little shell stamps from the previous launch. I stamped then swept over the whole thing with water to try and get a soft, water colour, run ever so slightly look to the background. It worked just enough to fuzz the edges of the images up a little and I used this same technique on the main images. Once the outlines had dried on the main images I added more colour by taking ink direct from the ink pad with a brush. 

My Ingredients are
  • Tim Holtz Distress ink - Weathered Wood
  • Cream water colour card
  • Navy card
  • Strip of corrugated paper
  • Sentiment from Ancient Arches - available HERE
  • And my mystery ingredient, that stringy, woven material. If you can guess EXACTLY what it is then I will award you a gold star!!
Have a great day, and don't forget to settle down with your cuppa and, yes, go on, put your feet on that coffee table, relax and watch Sheena weave her magic.

Kim xx



10 comments:

  1. Great layout. I've loved seahorses ever since I had a Ladybird book many years ago as a child. The netting looks like bandage but it's probably something much cleverer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous hun - thinking Friday will be a great show x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simple clean lines you've created with this Kim. You are so organised getting ahead with your backgrounds, I struggle to do that as I never know what I'm going to do until I sit down with the stamps in my hand, wish I could!!!
    Love that textured background but have no idea what it is.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, love the images and the design you have gone with for this one. I reckon the secret ingredient is Gauze.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great images and design, like the simplicity of this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a beautiful card Kim.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the monochrome and the ribbon running through, fab design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really brilliant project xx

    ReplyDelete