Monday 27 October 2014

Marvellous Monday with Visible Image

Marvellous Monday again and it is good to see you here. Welcome to my new followers. As you know Monday is my day to inspire you with a project made using the amazing stamps from Visible Image.

It never ceases to amaze me just how great these stamps are. They are made from top quality polymer, are deeply etched and produce superb images time after time.



The guys at Visible Image, Mark and Helen, do an awesome job with Mark doing the design work and stamp making and Helen running the media and office side. Helen also writes the beautiful verses. They both work really hard to bring us these wonderful stamps. Have you met them at one of the shows? They always have a great stand displaying lots of samples the DT have made including some of mine! They always thank us for our work but they also need to be thanked for producing such wonderful stamps. It is a bit like the chicken and the egg, without one you couldn't have the other! 

My project today is a tag made using the butterfly and one of the floral silhouette More than Words sets, Thinking of You. 

I recently did a card and tag for Craft Stamper magazine which is where the idea for this tag came from. I started by cutting a tag which was large enough to accommodate three flower heads. Odd numbers always work best for some reason.  If you look closely you will see that this isn't a blue tag over a white tag, it is in fact just one tag. I used masking tape to keep the top, left and bottom of the tag white. I used Gentle Blends in Denim to add heavy colouration to the left side of the tag and blending out to nothing towards the right side. Once the base was completely dry I carefully removed the masking tape and used a jet black archival ink to stamp the images. The steams are separate so you can bend them to give them a more natural look. I stamped the main sentiment down the right hand side.

I coloured a small piece of white card with the Denim Gentle Blends. Once dry I stamped the butterfly again in black and cut it out. I took a white paint pen by Posca to add highlights to the flowers and to the butterfly. A piece of white paper ribbon finished off the tag.


Thinking Of You 0 Visible Image Butterfly stamp



Click HERE to find out how to enter the challenge
The theme for October is Get Spooky! 

Click HERE to go to the Facebook group. Ask to join if you haven't already. 
Hear all about new releases, enter competitions and chat with other Visible Image fans and DT Members

Click HERE to subscribe to the Newsletter

Click HERE to go to the Visible image blog to see all the other 
DT inspiration projects for this month. 

Click HERE to go to my KimzKrafts Facebook page

Right, I must away! I have a heap of things to do, mostly domestic chores but once they are out of the way I shall retreat to my cave and get crafty! Not long till the new Challenge is announced!

Happy Days!! Kim

1 comment: