Saturday 1 February 2014

Visible Image - The February Challenge - LOVE

Here we are in February already! I must say that January rushed by me like a whirlwind. As today is the first of the month there is a new challenge starting with Visible Image. No surprises for guessing what the theme this month is! Yep, that is right it is Groundhog Day. So off you go make something crafty featuring a Groundho...........wait a minute, who wrote that in my diary?????

Of course it isn't! Actually there are a few 'festival/celebratory' days in February. First there is Imbolc on the 1st, the first day of Spring, then Candlemas on the 2nd, (has it been 40 days since Christmas already?) and we musn't forget Lupercalia, the end of winter (Yay!) on the 15th but the most widely celebrated day is Valentines day. 

So my lovely readers, the challenge commences today, get your Visible Image stamps out and make a project to celebrate all that is LOVE.

The rules are to make something using at least one Visible Image stamp, and please no DiGi images. You can enter as many times as you like, enter as many challenges with your project as you like but as with most challenges no back-linking is allowed. Your project can be anything, card, tag, canvas, scrapbook page, anything in fact as long as it meets the basics rules.

As this was my first challenge inspiration for Visible Image I wanted to do something bold and daring. I wanted to let everybody know I had arrived!  




I first created the background with some mica based paints in neon shades. Once this was completely dry I stamped over with the cracked glass stamp from the Clock Stamp set - Time after Time in black embossing powder.



The sentiment, Create with your Soul, was stamped onto a piece of card I had coloured with the yellow mica paint and mounted onto a piece coloured with the blue mica paint. I find it helps to give a totally co-ordinated look if you colour your own backgrounds. I finished it off with a lime green ribbon which I deliberately placed off centre.   

Click on the images below to be whisked away to the Visible Image shop page where you can see more examples from the DT.



Midway through the month I felt the urge to make another card for the challenge. I was inspired by the free rose stamp which came with Craft Stamper magazine, but the same rose image is available in 2 sizes in the Immortal Love set. The freebie rose stamp is about the same size as the smaller one in the set.

Once again I coloured some white card for the background and the roses. This time I used a glycerin based ink medium. The roses were stamped and embossed in black before being cut out and mounted on the card in a bunch. The base card was stamped with random words and an area behind the bouquet was stamped with the grunge flourish and the grasses stamp to add some depth.


Now, I used a variety of stamps for this card so bear with while I list them all! Again, by clicking on the image you will be teleported to the shop!

Grunge Flourish
The Rose - either the freebie or one from Immortal Love 
Words from the Clock set -Time after Time
Tall Grass




Don't forget to check out the other DT blogs for inspiration and in depth information about their LOVE inspirations and then crack on with your entry. Their links are on my side panel or via their images on the Visible Image blog.

Join the Facebook group for more Visible Image shenanigans, make a few new friends, get some inspiration and generally hang out with  like minded stampers!

Hope February is good to you, I look forward to seeing your projects on the challenge page and on Facebook.

Hugs-a-plenty KimB xxxxx










5 comments:

  1. stunning use of colour kim. brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. BEEEUTIFUL? Can't wait to try that. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kim, love them both they are fabulous!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the vibrant colours, they set off the stamps beautifully

    Angela
    :)

    ReplyDelete