Friday 14 February 2014

Visible Image - The Friday Feature


Good morning readers! Hope you are well? The weather is certainly playing havoc here at the moment but luckily I haven't resorted to candle light crafting.........yet! My thoughts are with those who are still being badly affected and I hope that things improve soon.

Onto the main reason we are here today. It is Friday, which is my day to show you a Visible Image project. I am always so impressed with the clarity with which all the Visible Image stamps stamp. It is all down to the deep etch polymer. I don't think there is a better medium for getting that perfect image every time.

My card today features stamps from the Clock stamp set - Time after Time. I love this set as it is made up of some really useful images which lend themselves to a multitude of designs and styles.

I started with the background. Using my favourite blending inks I coloured the card with Aubergine, Sage Green and Sunshine Yellow. The next stage was to stamp a random pattern of the small cogs with the Sage Green ink. I was a little less random with the number stamp, I really wanted to keep it the right way up so when I stamped I made sure I placed them evenly. I used all 3 ink colours this time to continue with the shaded theme.

Onto the feature element! I had been experimenting with masking tape with a view to eliminating the need for a separate white mount. I masked off a very narrow border all around the piece of card and proceeded to shade the card from one corner and fading out to the opposite corner using only the Sunshine Yellow. With the masking tape still in place I then stamped the big pocket watch and some more cogs in jet black on the yellow. Again I kept the feature stamps to the bottom left corner. I carefully removed the masking tape. It is a nervous moment removing masking tape! Had it stuck just enough or too much? Would there be 'leakake' or would the top coat of the paper pull away? Phew! Neither in this case! The bottom left corner had kept that crisp white line that I wanted.

I am really pleased with the result and will certainly use this type of masking and shading again.Watch this space!

Click on the image below to be taken directly to the Visible Image online shop, but don't just stay on that page, go for a wander and look at some of the other amazing stamps they have!


Visible Image also have a Facebook group, a blog and a monthly challenge, which this month is LOVE.

Drop by using any of the links above and see examples of the other DT members work, upload your own projects and why not take part in the challenge?

Right, must away! I have multitude of things to do before NEXT Friday. There are things in the pipeline with Visible Image, nudge nudge, wink wink!  Check out the other DT blogs or join the Facebook group and you might get a surprise!

Take care, have fun, stay safe! If you have any questions about my work or about Visible Image please feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you asap.

KimB xxxxxx


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Kim, this is one of my favourite stamp sets.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete