Monday 25 May 2015

Marvellous Monday with Visible Image


Hello! Nice to see you here again.

Also, really nice to see you, yes you, you're new here aren't you? Welcome!

Settle down with a cuppa and take a look at my inspirational piece using the fab 
stamps from Visible Image.



Once again it all started with a big piece of card that I coloured.

I used Pin Flair Gentle Blends in Sunshine and Lavender on plain white card.

I cut the piece of card in half and then added more detail to one piece using the Grunge Polka Dot stamp and purple Brusho paint.

When this was dry, I gave it a quick blast with the heat gun to hurry it along, I brushed a very dry brush with gesso over the whole piece to soften the colour.

When this was dry I used the Polka Dot stamp again this time with gesso to add white spots. Remember to wash the gesso off straight away!!

Next came the stamping. I used black embossing powder for all the images. 

This was a little fiddly as it all needed to line up nicely.

There are a few ways of doing it and this time I used the 'by eye' method!

The stamps are clear and the acrylic blocks are clear so that helped!

I cut the 2 pieces of card, one just the colour the other with the gesso and dots,  to the right size.

I laid the clean stamp on the corner of the plain card and then placed the acrylic block over it lining the block up with the corners of the card.

I then stamped and embossed. I used the patterned piece of card as a guide and stamped some additional branches in the other corner.

After cleaning and drying the stamp thoroughly I placed the patterned piece of card over the first image and lined everything up, moved the first piece out of the way and stamped the second part of the image.

Sentiment stamped and all pieces matted with white card to make them stand out. 

A few faux gems and there we are!

OK, me thinks a photo step-by-step of the positioning is in order.  I will do a new post later this evening for that. I also have another way of doing this technique which I will show you at the same time.

Confession - I know the second impression 'jumped' a bit but it's branches right, so I just left it!



AWM Grunge Polka Dot ws2012 Visible Image INKognito Leave your Fears Tree Bird stamps


Click HERE to go to the Facebook group.
Ask to join if you haven't already. 

Click HERE to 'Like' the Visible Image Facebook page

Click HERE to go to the Show & Tell page on the blog. 
It links to the group where you can upload your projects and tell us all about it!

Click HERE to go to the Visible Image blog to see
DT inspiration projects and check out the Gallery
Click HERE to subscribe to the Newsletter

Click HERE to go to my KimzKrafts Facebook page

See you next week for another Marvellous Monday and in the mean time enjoy your week, get crafty and show us what you have been up to!

Happy Days!  Kim 

1 comment: