Tuesday 7 May 2013

Sunshine = Paradise

Oh what a fab weekend weather wise.  And it was sunny for the Bank Holiday too.  What more could a girl want?

For Hels challenge this week the theme is Diamonds and Pearls. Click HERE  to look at all the entries. 

The background was the fun part.  I got paint almost everywhere.  And the glue went everywhere too so much fun was had indeed.


Tissue over card, painted to emphasize the creases

The first colour way (above) was a little too subtle for my liking and so if you look at the finished result you will see how much darker I made it in the end.

Finished Piece is approx A5 in size


I used a La Blanche stamp for the main image which I stamped onto a page from a book and some Tim Holtz flower die cuts layered up with some Prima flowers to decorate the corner. I used seed beads with a pearl finish as the flower centres.  I also added a swirl of painted grunge board, which broke into 2 pieces while painting but actually that was a blessing in disguise as I used the 2 pieces in different areas on the final piece.

And there we have it Diamonds and Pearls.

Hope the weather holds out for a little while as I am getting a liking for outdoor activities.  One thing is for sure is my washing line has been used more in the last few days than it was through the whole of 2012.

Take care, happy crafting

Kim xx

2 comments:

  1. Loving the colour on your finished piece and the diamondy background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh gorgeousness indeedily.... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete