Friday 25 April 2014

Visible Image - Friday Feature - The Sewing Room

Hello and welcome to my blog. Today is Friday and so it is with great pleasure that I bring to you the Visible Image Friday Feature. 

Today I am showcasing a card I made using only stamps from The Sewing Room. I just L O V E this set, it is crammed full of lovely stamps including some stitching, buttons, cotton reels and a tape measure with those little end things. What is cool about this set is that there are 2 tape measure stamps, one taken from the start of the tape and one leading up to the end! Most tape measure stamps only give the first part. It just makes sense to have the other end as well. Anyway, here is the project and this is how I did it. 



I first made the background paper by stamping the tape measure all over a piece of brown kraft card in a brown ink, probably Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy as it almost always on my desk! Then I stamped the buttons and the stitching over these tape measures to add interest. This was mounted on some black card.


Next came the feature panel with the dress makers dummy and the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment and dummy with a black ink onto a larger than needed piece of card. I then trimmed the piece of card down to make the words straight on the piece of card. I often do it this way round as the last thing you need is a lovely stamped image where the words are not at enough of an angle to call 'jaunty' if it comes out crooked!! I stamped around the edge with one of the stitch stamps. I couldn't get to my sewing machine to actually sew it as I had planned to, it was packed, but the stamps worked perfectly anyway.




Then it was a case of adding cut out stamped images. I am particularly fond of the twisted tape measure showing off 'both ends' making it look like the rest of the tape is behind the picture. I also stamped on the back of the each piece so that there was no blank space showing on the tape! Of course the buttons needed to have the stitches added to make them look like they had been sewn onto the card and the cotton reels were stamped and some masked and stamped to give a layered look.



Hope you like it? I know it is similar to my earlier shadow box but I wanted to do something with just the stamps from the set with the addition of some black to make things 'pop'.

Just to remind you........



As always I highly recommend you check out the Visible Image blog HERE where you will see more work from the Design Team. There is also the Facebook group HERE, where you can chat to all of the Team and each other about Visible Image related stuff, and don't forget the monthly challenge HERE where you get to see the DT projects which will hopefully inspire you to enter your own project with a chance of winning a fab prize. The theme this month is TAGS.

Packing is my #1 priority at the moment so I need to get back onto it straight away! Who knew so much stuff could be crammed into a tiny little craft room? My new house has a really big spare bedroom which is going to be my temporary craft room until I get the studio ready. Studio? Did I say studio? Yep, I have bought a house with a self contained shop/studio unit......................

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Kim x


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pieces, love the dimension and your designs. Beautiful way to showcase the stamps. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project - what a great set of stamps Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous projects. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project Kim gorgeous - wishing u a happy weekend hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous and loving the stamps. Good luck in your new home too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous piece, loving the detail!

    ReplyDelete