Hello Followers! This is going to be a quick blog today. If you have been following me you will know that I am on the move! Well, the time has come to pack away my craft room. Most of it has been done already but I have kept out my essential Creative Expressions stash so that I could keep blogging, but to be honest the temptation to craft is distracting me and I really do need to focus on the move now. I have one more project for Creative Expressions up my sleeve for next week but that will be it until I get to the other side and can set up my new craft space.
My project today features 2 lovely stamps from the Singles range. They are ready cut, foam mounted and good to go! One is from the Daisy Spray set, 2 lovely daisy images, and the other is part of the Best Wishes stamp. Click on the images to link to the CE details.
My first task was to create a background. I wanted something that looked like a distant landscape and so I inked up an acrylic block with 3 Tim Holtz distress inks. Faded Jeans, Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint. I put the yellow ink on first across the middle then the other 2 colours at either end. I gave this a quick mist with water and then stamped the block directly onto some white water colour card. This was left to dry.
I then stamped the daisy stamp with black embossing powder onto white card and then cut it out. It was a little bit fiddly but the raised embossing helped. A good tip is to colour the cut edges with an appropriate colour, avoid any pens that tend to bleed as it will spoil the image. It hides the raw uncoloured edges. A little yellow ink taken from the distress pad was used to colour the flower centre.
The Best Wishes sentiment was stamped and embossed in black onto a piece of card coloured in the same way as before. I had a few 'not quite right' experimental pieces and you may well have a couple yourself!
The image was mounted onto a piece of black card and that then went onto a green mount before going onto a black card base. I did stamp the green card with the leaves from the FRAME stamp plate in Peeled Paint ink but the colour was so similar to the card it only just shows. In the flesh it is more obvious, honest!
Right, sorry that is about it for today. I hope you like the project and that you give it a go yourself. I will be back next week, fingers crossed, with that last project before the move gets underway.