Thursday 1 May 2014

May Challenge with Visible Image - Anything Goes!

Hello followers and a warm welcome to all you new readers! So this month sees a broad theme for the Visible Image challenge. I love it when any challenge I am part of has the theme Anything Goes! It is what it says and thus makes designing inspirational projects very easy as we do what we are comfortable with. Having said that, I also love a challenge with a very specific theme and in the next few days you will see the results of a very interesting challenge the Visible Image DT did. But back to today, my path was diverted as usual! Pretend I didn't mention it! Shhhh!

For this months challenge I decided to run with a set of colours which are a little bit more vibrant than my usual choices. I started by colouring my background in the usual way with Gentle Blends in Sunshine Yellow, Teal and Lavender. I masked off an area with a circle before starting. Sometimes my colour scheme doesn't suggest this circle is either a sun or a moon, but in this project I would say it is definitely a sun! I left the mask on while I stamped the Bronte Script over this blended background. I kept changing the ink colour to match (roughly) the base colour. After removing the mask I then stamped the feature images, the lovely silhouette flowers from Thinking of You, in black archival ink. This set is one of 6 designs in the More Than Words range. 


I then created a backing piece by stamping the flower heads in the 3 colours onto a piece of whit card. Being the thrifty person that I am I only stamped the very edges of this piece of card, why waste ink and time stamping an area that isn't going to be seen? 

The verse was stamped onto a piece a card coloured only with the teal and lavender colours. Some mounting onto black card and then teal coloured card came next. I do love how a thin line of black makes the layers 'pop'. I used some corrugated card and brads to attach the verse plate.

  

As always I highly recommend you check out the Visible Image blog HERE where you will see more work from the Design Team. There is also the Facebook group HERE, where you can chat to all of the Team and each other about Visible Image related stuff. The monthly challenge can be accessed either via the blog or by the Facebook group. On the Visible Image blog you get to see the other DT projects which will hopefully inspire you to enter your own project with a chance of winning a fab prize.

You don't have long to wait for my Friday Feature, 24 hours to be exact, so I hope to see you again tomorrow! Your comments are always great to read and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Busy with the house move still, my dining room is now a packing station with rolls of bubble wrap, boxes and parcel tape everywhere, but there is always time to craft!! My Visible Image stamps will be the last thing packed...........

Kim xx





1 comment: