Friday 9 May 2014

Teamies Challenge - Friday Feature with Visible Image

So if you have been following the Visible Image blog or been reading the Facebook group page you will know that this week the DT have been tasked with creating a project using colours and stamps chosen for them. I have been amazed at what they have come up with given the randomness of the choices made. Helen, one half of the magical duo that are Visible Image the company, did a draw of names from hats and as it turned out I was selected to choose for Kay and Kay was selected to choose for me! It seems that Kay, like most of the other DT members, responded well to bribery by cake!

Kay gave me a really nice colour palette, turquoise, pink and purple and the stamps were Bronte Border, Once Upon a Time and Butterfly. On reading this my first thought was "great the butterfly AND Bronte Border, how lucky am I"? Then with the colours I was a bit "Hmm, bright colours" and I started to think.................


     
visible image stamps Once upon a time 0 Visible Image Butterfly stamp AWM Bronte Border ws2012


Instead of using black as my stamping colour I thought that white would look good. What do you think? I wanted to keep the feel soft and elegant rather than bold an punchy. Does the white work?

I started by making my background using the Gentle Blend colours Teal (sorry Kay that is like turquoise isn't it?) Hot Magenta and Lavender. The moon is where the pink comes in as well as the mounting card. I stamped the castle images several times masking to give a BIG castle. I stamped and embossed all the images using white embossing powder. I thought it would be fun to use the Bronte Script as the words to the story. To finish I stamped and cut out both the large and the standard sized butterfly.

Here is what Kay did in response to my colour palette of grey, lemon and black and the Harlequin, Winter Tree and Rose stamps. Brilliant work don't you think? Check out her blog, click the picture to link straight there.


Don't forget to visit the ALL NEW VISIBLE IMAGE web site. Same address, different look!

The blog can be accessed from there but HERE is the quick link for you. 

The Facebook Group is another great place to access all things Visible Image. See current and historical DT inspiration, chat with the Team, show off your own Visible Image projects and get to hear about things first!

Have you entered the challenge yet this month? The theme is Anything Goes so what are you waiting for? Check out the details on how to enter HERE

OK, that is where I need to leave it today, busy times. See you next week.

Kim x









1 comment:

  1. That's fabulous Kim everything works brilliantly together
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete