Friday 25 July 2014

The Friday Feature with Visible Image

Hello from St Dogmaels! Boy has it been hot these last few days, even late into the night the temperature on the balcony has been over 80. Swimming helps but only for a short while. Pity I can't craft on the beach! 

This week has been very exciting at Visible Image with the launch of a fantastic new range of stamps. Did you see them yet? I won't mind if you pop over there now for a look, but please remember to come back! 

Oh good, you're back. It would be very tempting to show you one of my projects using the new stamps but after a week of working with the new stamps I really fancied getting stuck in to a project I had been thinking about for a while.

Way back at the beginning of the year I was given a set of stamps to work with which featured a castle and the wording 'Once Upon a Time' and 'Happily ever After'. I always wanted to do something like a book, you know the ones with the fancy spines and the gold decoration? Well, I spotted a little paper mache book shaped box in my craft shop which was perfect for the job!


I used gold embossing powder for the stamps and gold gilding wax for the embossed card. What do you think? I was really pleased that the wording fitted exactly on the spines of the 2 'books'.








What is nice about the stamps that Visible Image produce is they are made of top grade photo polymer which is deeply etched and produces a great image every time. They are clear so you can get things lined up nicely. Mark, who designs the stamps, won't cut any corners when it comes to quality and function. Helen, the marketing Guru, does a brilliant job keeping the office side of thing s going. Between them they run a really tight ship and keep their customers happy with quick order filling and great media contact.

Here is the stamp set I used, a lovely big fairytale castle and some great Gothic style words. As always click the image to link to the online shop.


visible image stamps Once upon a time

Bit of a quick blog today as I still have some unpacking to do and I absolutely have to make some curtains for the bedroom! Lucky the window isn't overlooked, but I do spook myself sometimes with thoughts of faces at the windows in the middle of the night............

Right, that is your lot today I'm afraid! I am certain times goes quicker here! So much to do and so little time to do it!

Check out the Visible Image Facebook page and why not take part in the monthly challenge? Win yourself some Visible Image stamps.

See you next Friday. Kim




3 comments:

  1. This project is absolutely fantastic - such a brilliant idea. I'm definitely trying this when I find a add book. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim! This is stunning and such a fabulous idea.
    Hugs x
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! looks so realistic xx

    ReplyDelete