Monday 11 August 2014

Monday Make with Creative Expressions

Boy do the days go quickly here in Wales!! Seems like I have barely hit 'publish' and it is Monday all over again! 

Today sees the second blog using these fantastic new 'English country garden feel' stamps from Creative Expressions.  I have used a pretty stamp, Anemone Planter, this time with the 'With Love Always' sentiment from the Rose Entwined set. I know, I have mixed my image and sentiments up again but they do all work together really well. 



I first coloured a piece of white card with Tim Holtz Distress inks. I used my favourite colours. Peeled Paint and Faded Jeans. I applied the ink with a brayer by smearing the ink pads onto an acrylic block, one colour at each side and picking the ink up from there with the brayer. 

Then with some careful splattering of water, not too much, and dabbing off with a piece of kitchen towel I added some visual 'texture' to the flat brayered colours.



Next I stamped the image and sentiment and embossed with white embossing powder

Using just a slightly damp brush I picked up some of the colour left on the acrylic block and coloured the flowers. leaves and borders. I stuck with blue for the flowers, green for the leaves and used the best match for the borders. Quick run around the edges, again with the most appropriate Distress ink, after rounding off the bottom corners and the main feature is complete!



Mounted on to a piece of blue card with the bottom corners also rounded off and job done!

A very simple card and hopefully you think this is a very pretty card. I certainly like the result I achieved and it does show off the stamps well I am sure you will agree.

 Hope you come back for more next week? Any questions or comments will be gratefully received.

Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment