Monday 6 April 2015

Marvellous Monday with Visible Image

I have a special blog post for you today on Marvellous Monday!

I have once again been lucky enough to have an article published in CRAFT STAMPER magazine.

The guys at Visible Image have designed the free cover stamp for the May issue of the magazine and I was lucky enough to be asked to create a project using the free stamp.

Obviously I had the stamp a few months ago and got to play with it way before anyone else. My fellow DT member Pauline also did some samples for the magazine and I am sure she will show you hers on her blog in due course.


So, what did I make? Well, I made a pocket book which I have suggested could be used to put your favourite photos in or you could use it to write some special words in.

I started by colouring some pieces of A3 card with Gentle Blends and then using the free stamp I stamped all over them using Gentle Blends as the ink. Really you could use any medium you are comfortable with. 

For this step I deliberately avoided the pixel-edge part of the stamp so that the background was kept fairly light. You can see from the picture on the left how I coloured the card.

Once I had coloured and stamped about 4 sheets of card I made the pockets. These pockets can be made to almost any size to suit. These particular pockets are 11cm x 15cm, so the starting piece of card is 22cm x 15cm. 

The card is glued around 3 sides leaving one of the short sides open for the tag The corners were rounded off. I then stamped around the edges using the dotty edge of the stamp. 

The covers for the book were made using mount board cut slightly larger than the pockets and covered with the stamped and coloured card. 

I also used the larger Visible Image flourish stamp and a sentiment, which I stamped in black and embossed.

I made some tags to fit in each pocket which I also stamped with the free stamp in both the Gentle Blends colours and black for contrast.





 AWM Grunge Flourish ws2012   Visible Image These Are The Moments stamp




As an extra bonus in this months issue there is the opportunity to get some of the latest Visible Image stamps FREE as part of the regular First Impressions giveaway.

Hope you like the project and that you have a go at making something like this yourself.

Happy Days!

Kim xx





No comments:

Post a Comment