Monday 31 March 2014

Last Monday Make for March with Creative Expressions

RED LETTER DAY - WITH CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS

Well hello again! Great to see you here. Today is the last day of the month and as such I am just able to squeeze in one more make for Creative Expressions showcasing the lovely Get Well stamp. Next month, or more exactly tomorrow, Creative Expressions have given me more lovely things to work with so there is no sadness in bidding farewell to these products, different ones are on the horizon.

This card uses the lovely Get Well Soon stamp from the Singles range. I really like the crispness of the image and the opportunity for using the pattern part of the design in its' own right.




I started by stamping the whole stamp with Jet Black Archival ink onto a piece of pure white card, I used Foundation card. I then stamped the swirl part of the stamp several times onto the same type of card.

Once this was dry, and it doesn't take long with that ink, I started to colour the images. I used one of the Cosmic Shimmer Drawing inks. They have a lovely fine applicator making the colouring in of the detail very easy. I coloured the actual swirl on the lower panels but reversed this for the main image by colouring the background. 

Next came a fair bit of matting and layering using black, white and red card. 

I embossed some more white card using a leaf design embossing folder as I didn't want a large expanse of flat white card behind all the features. It is surprising how much difference the embossing makes. There are times when only flat white will do but on this card it simply had to be textured!



I finished it all off with ta large bow, some pins and a Dazzler. If this card doesn't cheer somebody up when they are not feeling too good, I don't know what will. 

Here is the list of the main Creative Expressions products I used (click to link as always)

This first month with Creative Expressions has seen a variety of projects from me, some simple, some a bit more complicated, some very delicate and some very bold. I hope that you have enjoyed what you have seen this month and that you come back for more in April when I will be showcasing some different products, in different ways, with different colour ways and different techniques.

Quick reminder of the upcoming Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show. 
The link is at the top of the blog and clicking on it will whizz you off 
to all the information you will need. 


Right, there we are then, the end of March, "Hello April". More than just a new month on the calendar for me. I have a new life ahead of me as I am now officially a lady (debatable!) of leisure. I plan to use my newly found 'no longer employed' time doing something that I couldn't live with out........CRAFTING!! 

Have a great week, come back soon and hopefully I can inspire you to make something pretty.

Kim xxxxx


3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card ,i love the color ,and the edging around the sentiment

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Kim. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete