Monday 17 March 2014

Something Clean and Simple with Creative Expressions

Oh Hello! Nice to see you again! And welcome to all my new followers!! Here we are with my second project for Creative Expressions. This week I have created a couple of cards using 2 of the Singles stamps, Thank You and Get Well Soon. I used the Thank You stamp last week on the Treasure Chest to make a chunky black cartouche but this week I have used it, and the 'partner' stamp in a classic way .. .. .. .. .. .. as a stamp!




I am not know for my use of pure white card. I am quite a messy crafter and so my grubby mitts and white card are not the best of friends! With these 2 cards I wanted to emphasize the clean, crisp design of the stamps. The deep cut rubber gives a great impression time after time, but I didn't want to use black ink. The style of the stamps suggested sophistication to me so I was drawn to the regal colours of navy and purple. I used Seedless Preserves and Chipped Sapphire.



With both images I used a moist brush to draw the ink from the stamped lines to colour parts of the image. For the Thank You card I drew the colour into the petals to emphasize the flowers but with the Get Well Soon card I kept the design white and coloured the background area. The blue Thank You card has a look of Delft about it don't you think? 




Sometimes clean and simple is enough. There is a certain elegance about crisp white with a dark colour stamped image. One thing is for sure, I have created a project that is quick, elegant and easy to make. Quite a contrast from the Treasure Chest of last week. You see what I mean when I say I shoot off in a different direction!! 





I hope you have enjoyed this project? The stamps I used are here, (click to link)


Thank You Pre Cut Stamp                 Get Well Soon Pre Cut Stamp


Don't forget it is The Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show in a few weeks time, get your advance tickets by following the link 'up there', top right on the side bar.

It would be great to hear what you think by leaving a comment below. See you next week!

Kim xxx


















2 comments:

  1. Love both cards. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clean and crisp, but very striking and quick, love them both.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete