Saturday 1 March 2014

March Challenge - Visible Image

Favourite Stamps

Is it March already? Who did that? Who put February on fast forward?

Oh well, I suppose the pleasure of it being a new month is that there is a new challenge over on the Visible Image blog! Did you see the fab February entries both on the blog itself and in the Facebook group? You really are a talented bunch! Well done all those who entered. Keep your eyes peeled for news of the winners!

This month the theme is My Favourite Visible Image Stamp. WHAT? You are going to make me choose!! Instead of trying to make a choice myself I let my projects do the selecting for me. I sat and went through them and noticed a trend. It was obvious that I had a liking for the butterfly stamps. They come in 2 sizes. They featured rather a lot. Runners up were the Bronte Script, the Ink Splats, and the Grunge Flourish. Of course I am smitten by the latest sentiment sets, More than Words, but I haven’t used them that much yet. So here we are, my projects for this months’ theme.

I have a thing about making things in a production line style. If you have been to my KimzKrafts Facebook page you will see that I made a shed load of butterflies recently. I laid them all out and took a picture which I have called 77 Pairs of Wings. They reminded me of an old fashioned butterfly collectors’ box. Rest assured no butterflies were harmed in the making of this card!


12 Pairs of Wings


I used another ‘must have’ stamp, the Grunge Flourish on some card I coloured in rainbow colours. Being the frugal crafter that I am I only coloured the edges of the card with the inks and then only stamped the very edges! I have never understood why all that fab colour and stamping is often covered up! Anyway, I then selected 12 of the butterflies in various colours to go on the crisp white card. Boy was it hard to keep that card clean! I am not the tidiest of crafters. Once I had arranged them in the right way I stuck them onto the card with some 3D silicone glue so that the wings would remain lifted off the page. I have a great tip for colouring the butterflies which I plan to do a step-by-step for very soon.


Splattered Wings

The next card is another crisp and clean project. I struggle with bare white card at times but this time, like with the one above the white is essential to the project. I was playing about making background paper when I hit on the idea of using the small butterfly alongside the Bronte Script and the Ink Splats. I used Tim Holtz inks, Weathered Wood for the ink splats and the butterflies, and Chipped Sapphire for the Bronte Script and the main feature Large Butterfly. It is all brought together with a navy mount card and ribbon.


Rainbow Wings

Finally, in complete contrast to the first 2 projects is this rather colourful abstract card. I used a clock face mask and my favourite ‘paint’ product at the moment, Gentle Blends, to create the richly coloured background. Once again being a cheapskate, I used the inside of a cardboard postage packet, you know the ones from that mega company whose name is a South American river? Very useful card I have to say. Of course if you want to use this particular card then you have to order stuff from them like music CDs, but that isn’t a problem for me, I am not modern enough to simply have the downloaded music, I need the actual CD! So, once I had coloured this card I cut a piece for the main body of the card and started stamping the numbers from the Time after Time set in different colours. This was very pleasing! I used the Imagine, Dream, Inspire stamp for the feature on another piece of card and the Tall Grasses along the bottom of the card. A few carefully selected butterflies and job done!

  
   

I hope you enjoyed this blog and that it has inspired you to have a look at your Visible Image stamps. If you can, ‘cos I know it will be hard, work out which one is your favourite and make something. Upload it to the Visible Image blog or to the Facebook group and show us all which is YOUR favourite.

I need to go. I need to introduce my face to a sandwich before I fade away and then I have stamps to stamp, ink to use and card to colour! 

Have a lot of fun crafting with YOUR favourite Visible Image stamps. KimB xxx

2 comments: