Saturday 3 January 2015

ATC365 - Day 3

I know it is only Day #3 but I am really enjoying this journey. Are you?

So today the little old random word generator gave me LANTERN.  I pondered my choices and opted for another floral stamp. This is a lovely stamp from Lavinia Stamps of those papery orange lanterns that are the seed heads of Physalis alkekengi  more commonly known as the Japanese Lantern plant. According to Wiki it is also known as the bladder cherry! Not very flattering, I'm going to stick with Japanese lantern I think.

#003 LANTERN

As you know I keep all my scraps and this one is a a very old piece which was left over from one of my DT makes for Visible Image. I put 3 shades of ink onto an acrylic block, spritzed it with water and stamped it onto a piece of water colour card. 

The image is stamped in black embossing powder and the lanterns are coloured with orange Brusho. I also used a Visible Image stamp, Bronte Script, in a pale blue to break up the background a bit. Some doodling around the edges and a bit of shading and hi-lighting finishes it off.

Hope you like it? 

Happy days! XX 


7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kim!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ATCs are this all and an amazing project! Good luck with it.. I think that brings a lot ..I remember I learned for myself the most during the time a made many many ATCs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim this is a gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning ....love the colours you have used too. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I love your coloring on this ATC

    ReplyDelete